Overview of the 2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari / 2 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari to Rwenzori National Park
This 2 days Rwenzori mountaineering safari gives you an opportunity to scale on the lower slopes of Rwenzori during this short Uganda wildlife safari experience in the Rwenzori mountains. This Uganda hiking safari starts from Fortportal or Kasese towns which are close to the Mountain Rwenzori National Park with fort portal being 77km or 1.5 hours’ drive away from Kasese town which is located at the foothills of Mt Rwenzori National Park Uganda.
Mt Rwenzori was formed as a result of uplift due to movement of the tectonic plates in the rift valley. This movement caused an upward thrust of the old basement rock complex from the surrounding plains hence forming a stiff rugged mountain range. Mt Rwenzori is made up of igneous rocks that were thrust upwards during the formation phase, the igneous rocks from the steep and rugged profiles of mount baker, Stanley and portal. Mt Rwenzori experiences a variation in temperature given its variation in height.
During this Uganda safari tour Rwenzori hiking experience, expect to meet some of the wild mammals that are found here such as chimpanzees, monkeys, forest elephants, and buffaloes and over 217 bird species such as Rwenzori turaco and many others.
Highlights of the2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari / 2 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari to Rwenzori National Park
Day 1of the 2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari: Transfer from fort portal to Nyakalengijja then hike to Nyabitaba
Day 2 of the 2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari: Return to Nyakalengija then transfer back to fort portal.
Detailed itinerary of the 2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari / 2 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari to Rwenzori National Park
Day 1of the 2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari / 2 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari to Rwenzori National Park: Wake up early in the morning of your Uganda tour to Mountain Rwenzori National Park and have an early morning breakfast to give you energy for the magnificent day ahead of you on this 2 days Uganda hiking tour to Mountain Rwenzori. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel in fort portal and begin your safari in Uganda to Rwenzori Mountain in Kasese which lasts about 1.5hours Uganda tours journey to Nyakalengijja. Mindless of its length, this tour in Uganda road adventure comes with captivating road sightings as you get to see the lush green scenery that blankets Uganda’s landscape. Feel the gentle breeze blowing over your skin as well as the fresh air rushing through your nostrils to give you a perfect aroma of Uganda on this 2 days safari to Uganda to the Ruwenzori Mountains. For this 2 days safari to Uganda in Mt Rwenzori National Park starts from Nyakalengijja then hike to the park headquarter perched at 1700m above sea level and this gives you an opportunity to the see the locals go about their daily routines such as gardening, fetching water and firewood. From the park center, hike up to the Nyabitaba hut which is found at an altitude of 2652m above sea level. As you hike o Nyabitaba hut, you have a chance to see the tropical forests of the Rwenzori as well as the bamboo forests as you hike further. As you get close to Nyabitaba hut, the hike gets more demanding as the trail starts ascending faster and passing through rocks. The trek to Nyabitaba lasts between 4-5 hours and when you get to the hut covering about 8km. After the lunch break, you get extend you Uganda safari explorations of the Rwenzori slopes with a short visit to beautiful lake Mahoma which is located near this hut. Dinner and an overnight stay are done at this hut.
Day 2 of the 2 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari / 2 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari to Rwenzori National Park : Wake up in the morning and listen to the birds as they sing to the new day and when there is clear visibility, you will be in for a spectacular sunrise which gives a warm morning glow in this tropical paradise. After breakfast starts descending back to Nyakalengija then begin your return leg to fort portal with a lunch stop in Kasese town. In many cases this 2 day Uganda hiking safari is done as part of a larger Uganda wildlife safari that includes safari visits to other Uganda destinations such as Kibale National Park for an epic Uganda chimpanzee safari experience as Kibale is the primate capital of the world with over 5000 chimpanzees, Queen Elizabeth National Park for short Uganda wildlife tour that puts you in position to have an encounter with magical beautiful Africa savanna wild mammals such as the African bush elephants, cape buffaloes, hippos, leopards, spotted hyenas and the rare tree-climbing lions that are found in the Ishasha sector. This short Rwenzori hiking safari can also be tagged with a Uganda gorilla tour which leads you a magical Uganda gorilla safari adventure in either Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National park.
Have a glance at some of our safari packages
- 2 days Murchison falls National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 days Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo National Park
- 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari tour Kibale Forest National Park
- 3 days Kidepo Valley National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Murchison falls National Park Safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Bwindi impenetrable gorilla trekking safari Uganda, gorilla tour Uganda
- 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari Bwindi impenetrable Uganda gorilla tour
- 4 days gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife safaris tour, Uganda wildlife safari Queen Elizabeth park
- 4 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour lake Mburo
- 5 days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo
- 5 days primate safari Uganda gorilla safari Bwindi Uganda chimpanzee trekking safari
- 5 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour, gorilla tour Uganda, wildlife safari in Uganda
- 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 4 days Uganda wildlife tour to queen Elizabeth national park & lake Mburo
- 5 days Uganda wildlife safari Murchison falls park & chimpanzee trekking safaris
- 6 days Uganda gorilla safaris, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda
- 7 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari chimpanzee & wildlife
- 8 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour Rwanda Wildlife & Chimpanzee Safari
- 8 days gorilla trekking safaris tour Rwanda wildlife & chimpanzee tracking safaris
- 9 days Rwenzori mountains safari Uganda tour
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountain Safari
- 12 days Uganda Rwanda cycling adventure safari tour
- 10 days Uganda safari tour gorilla trekking Uganda, chimps safari, Uganda wildlife tour