Overview of the 1 Day Semuliki Birding Safari Uganda Safari / 1 Day Uganda Birding Safari to Semuliki National Park.
This 1 day Uganda birding safari presents to you an opportunity to indulge in a spectacular bird watching safari in Semuliki National Park and also do a thrilling nature hike to the hot springs of Sempaya hot springs. This 1 day Uganda safari to Semuliki begins from fort portal town which cuts down the travel distance time from 360km or 5-6 hour drive to only 60km or 1.5 hours and this gives you an opportunity to spend more time to engage in activities.
Semuliki national park is located in the western district of Bundibugyo about 360 km or 5-6 hour drive from Kampala. Semuliki National Park Uganda is highly revered for its rich biodiversity of birds as it has close to over 441 bird species and many of these are Albertine rift and Congo biome endemic species. some of these bird species in Semuliki national park include the Nkulengu rial, yellow-throated cuckoo, piping hornbill, black dwarf hornbill, red-billed hornbill, red-rumped tinkerbird, African piculet, white-throated blue swallow, Maxwell’s black weaver, lemon billed crombec, orange checked waxbill and many more.
Highlights of the1 Day Semuliki Birding Safari Uganda Safari / 1 Day Uganda Birding Safari to Semuliki National Park.
Transfer from Fort portal to Semuliki National Park and engage in birding and a hike to Sempaya hot springs.
Detailed itinerary of the 1 Day Semuliki Birding Safari Uganda Safari / 1 Day Uganda Birding Safari to Semuliki National Park.
This 1-day safari Uganda to Semuliki begins with an early morning pick from your hotel in Fort portal by any of our senior birding guides and embark on an epic Uganda tour road adventure to Semuliki National Park which lasts about 1.5 hours to get there. Although this journey is quite short, it’s stunning while it lasts given the beautiful road sighting that will keep you fascinated throughout this safari in Uganda to Semuliki. The towering foothills of the Rwenzori are uniquely captivating especially on a clear day as they give you an impression of how tall the Margherita peak is. This drive is done in unending corners that will also create an impression on you as these were carved out of huge rocks. On arrival to Semuliki National park, transfer to the any of the birding spots and start ticking off your bird list the numerous birds that you will encounter on this birding expedition. After about 3-4 hours of birding, transfer to any of the safari lodges here for an African traditional lunch. the end of you nice lunch leads to the start of a hike to the Sempaya hot springs which gives you a Uganda hiking safari experience for about 30-45minutesand during this time, you can decide to continue with your birding adventure as you scan the environment this tropical wilderness for more birds. On reaching these hot springs, you are ushered into the world of unmatched beauty as these hot springs shot up hot water into the sky at your amazement. These springs are boiling hot and to easily prove it, all you need are a few raw eggs that you need to drop into this steaming water just for a few minutes then they will be ready to serve while hot. return to the starting point of this hike and start your return journey back to fort portal and this concludes your short Uganda safari to Semuliki National Park.
In case you still need to engage in a tour in Uganda after this birding experience in Semuliki National Park, all you need is to make a short Uganda wildlife safari visit to Queen Elizabeth National Park which is about 120km or 2.5-hour drive away from fort portal. This short Uganda wildlife safari gives you an encounter with the spectacular wild mammals of Queen Elizabeth National Park such as cape buffaloes, the tree-climbing lions of Ishasha, African bush elephants, and a chance to encounter to see several of the 600 bird species that call Queen Elizabeth National Park their home. You can still decide to extend this Uganda safari tour to Bwindi and have a magical moment with the mountain gorillas. A Uganda gorilla tour to Bwindi gives a chance to meet any of the 18 gorilla families that exist here. Uganda gorilla safaris come in both short Uganda gorilla safaris and also in long Uganda gorilla trekking safaris to give the best of Uganda tour memories.
Here is a sample of these packages
- 3 days Bwindi impenetrable gorilla trekking safari Uganda, gorilla tour Uganda
- 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari Bwindi impenetrable Uganda gorilla tour
- Medium gorilla safaris
- 4 days gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife safaris tour, Uganda wildlife safari Queen Elizabeth park
- 4 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour lake Mburo
- 5 days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo
- 5 days primate safari Uganda gorilla safari Bwindi Uganda chimpanzee trekking safari
- 5 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour, gorilla tour Uganda, wildlife safari in Uganda
- 6 days Uganda gorilla safaris, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda
- 7 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari chimpanzee & wildlife
- 8 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour Rwanda Wildlife & Chimpanzee Safari
- 10 days Uganda safari tour gorilla trekking Uganda, chimps safari, Uganda wildlife tour
- 12 days Uganda gorilla safari tour, Uganda wildlife safari, chimpanzee trekking & culture tour Uganda
- 14 days Uganda wildlife safari, gorilla safaris Uganda, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda tour
- 2 days Murchison falls National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 days Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo National Park
- 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari tour Kibale Forest National Park
- 3 days Kidepo Valley National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Murchison falls National Park Safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 4 days Uganda wildlife tour to queen Elizabeth national park & lake Mburo
- 5 days Uganda wildlife safari Murchison falls park & chimpanzee trekking safaris
- 8 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour
- 8 days gorilla trekking safaris tour Rwanda wildlife & chimpanzee tracking safaris
- 9 days Rwenzori mountains safari Uganda tour
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountain Safari
- 12 days Uganda Rwanda cycling adventure safari tour