Overview of the 4 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari Uganda Safari / 4 Days Uganda hiking Safari in Rwenzori National Park
A 4 days Uganda hiking safari to Mountain Rwenzori National Park leads on a mountain trekking experience on Rwenzori Mountain. Dubbed The Mountains Of The Moon, mountain Rwenzori is a spectacular landmass that raises up to 5109m above sea level and this makes, it the 3rd highest elevation on the African continent only behind, mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and mt. Kenya in Kenya. Mt Rwenzori was formed as a result of uplift due to the movement of the tectonic plates in the rift valley. This movement caused an upward thrust of the old basement rock complex from the surrounding plains hence forming a stiff rugged mountain range. Mt Rwenzori is made up of igneous rocks that were thrust upwards during the formation phase, the igneous rocks from the steep and rugged profiles of mount baker, Stanley and portal. Mt Rwenzori experiences a variation in temperature given its variation in height. This 4 days safari to the Rwenzori Mountain gives you an opportunity to spend 2 days traversing this mountain and have an overnight stay at the Nyamitaba hut that is used by other mountain hikers who trek to the top of the mountain.
During this Uganda safari tour expect to meet some of the wild mammals that are found here such as chimpanzees, monkeys, forest elephants, and buffaloes and over 217 bird species such as Rwenzori turaco, dusky and shelly’s crimson wing, Rwenzori nightjar, Rwenzori batis, dwarf honeyguide, handsome francolin, regal sunbird, blue-headed sunbird, Kivu ground thrush and many others.
Highlights of the 4 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari Uganda Safari / 4 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari in Rwenzori National Park
Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Tour: Transfer from Kampala to Kasese
Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Tour: Start hiking from Nyakalengijja- Nyabitaba hut
Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Tour: Return from Nyamitaba hut back to Nyakalengijja.
Detailed itinerary of the 4 Days Rwenzori Mountaineering Safari Uganda Safari / 4 Days Uganda Mountaineering Safari in Rwenzori National Park
Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Tour: This short Uganda tour to Mt Rwenzori National Park commences with an early morning pick up from your hotel in Kampala or in Entebbe then embark on an adventure road trip to Mt Rwenzori National Park which is about 7- hour drive away but this journey is an adventure of its own as its loaded with memorable road experiences and exciting stopovers. Your memorable experiences begin with a stopover in Kayabwe at latitude 0o or commonly known as the equator line which divides the world into 2 halves. Your next stopover is Lukaya a roadside market and have a treat of Uganda’s version of KFC. Now your last stopover on this incredible journey is in Mbarara town at Igongo Cultural Center for an African themed lunch. Enjoy the rest of the journey as you make your way to the lodge that has already been booked for you where you will have dinner and an overnight stay.
Luxury: Equator Snow Lodge
Midrange: Sandton Kasese, Springs International Hotel Kasese
Budget: Uhuru 50 Hotel, Ruboni Community Camp, Snow View Hotel, Rwenzori Turaco View Campsite
Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Safari / 4 Days Uganda Hiking Safari to Rwenzori National Park: Day 2 begins with an early morning breakfast then transfer to the field offices of Rwenzori Mountaineering Services for a briefing about how the entire hike will be conducted, the route which you are going to use is made known to you and the resting places along the route are also clearly mentioned as well as all the dos and don’ts. After the briefing, you proceed to Nyakalengijja and now the climb starts off officially from here, you move through the communities of the Bakonzo people and you will be able to observe their way of life as you will see them go about their daily chores. You will now reach the Rwenzori National Park Gate where you will be received and registered before you continue with your hike. Day one will also take you through the thick afro montane forests of mt. Rwenzori as you will now be between 2000-3000m above sea level. While here, please enjoy the view of various bird species habituating in these forests like Rwenzori turaco, handsome francolin, cinnamon chested bee-eater, strange weaver and long-eared owl and animal species like L’Hoest monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, duikers and occasionally seen forest elephants. Day 2 takes you through a stretch of 8km to Nyabitaba hut. Dinner will be served here and you will have an overnight stay here as well as you refresh for the next day.
Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Safari / 4 Days Uganda Hiking Safari to Rwenzori National Park: In the morning wake up to the beautiful singing of birds that are joined by the other mammals that habituate in Mt Rwenzori National Park in welcoming the new daybreak as well as giving you a relaxed and enchanted morning. Have a nice breakfast then start trekking back to Nyakalengijja. On arrival back at the starting point, have a short debrief then transfer to your lodge for lunch. Have a free evening for relaxation as you rest your body from the hike.
Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwenzori Hiking Safari Uganda Safari / 4 Days Uganda Hiking Safari to Rwenzori National Park: Begin your last day of this 4 days Rwenzori trekking safari with a relaxed morning breakfast after which you check out of the hotel and begin your transfer back to Kampala or continue with your Uganda safari to other nearby destination. If you decide to return to Kampala, you will use the Kasese- fort portal Kampala road and a have a lunch break in fort portal road. On your way back to Kampala, you will pass by Kibale National Park, which you can decide to visit to your next trip back to Uganda for an epic encounter with the chimpanzees. Usually many tourists who make this short Rwenzori hiking safari add other destinations on their tour Uganda package and a Uganda wildlife safari visit to Queen Elizabeth National Park is the first option to be considered since queen Elizabeth national park is about 30km or 40minutes drive from Kasese hence making it a suitable destination for a short Uganda wildlife safari experience. During this short Uganda wildlife tour to queen expect to meet numerous wild game like cape buffaloes, African bush elephants, leopards and lions a wide variety of antelopes. You can also choose to extend your safari by a Uganda gorilla safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This Uganda gorilla tour to gives chance to meet the any of the 18 gorilla families here. As Prime Safaris & Tours, we pride ourselves in the being at the helm of organizing amazing short Uganda gorilla safaris and long Uganda gorillas trekking safaris with a single goal of giving the best gorilla experience in Uganda. We have also excelled in the art of offering a wide range of both short Uganda wildlife safaris and long Uganda wildlife tours that are customized to your needs with an aim of giving you the ultimate safari in Uganda experience. Here are some of our packages.
- Here are some packages for you to select for a Uganda safari
- 2 days Murchison falls National Park Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 2 days Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo National Park
- 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari tour Kibale Forest National Park
- 3 days Kidepo Valley National Park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Murchison falls National Park Safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 3 days Bwindi impenetrable gorilla trekking safari Uganda, gorilla tour Uganda
- 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari Bwindi impenetrable Uganda gorilla tour
- 4 days gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife safaris tour, Uganda wildlife safari Queen Elizabeth park
- 4 days Bwindi gorilla trekking tour lake Mburo
- 5 days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari Uganda wildlife tour lake Mburo
- 5 days primate safari Uganda gorilla safari Bwindi Uganda chimpanzee trekking safari
- 5 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour, gorilla tour Uganda, wildlife safari in Uganda
- 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari Uganda wildlife tour
- 4 days Uganda wildlife tour to queen Elizabeth national park & lake Mburo
- 5 days Uganda wildlife safari Murchison falls park & chimpanzee trekking safaris
- 6 days Uganda gorilla safaris, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda
- 7 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari chimpanzee & wildlife
- 8 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour Rwanda Wildlife & Chimpanzee Safari
- 8 days gorilla trekking safaris tour Rwanda wildlife & chimpanzee tracking safaris
- 9 days Rwenzori mountains safari Uganda tour
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountain Safari
- 12 days Uganda Rwanda cycling adventure safari tour
- 10 days Uganda safari tour gorilla trekking Uganda, chimps safari, Uganda wildlife tour
- 12 days Uganda gorilla safari tour, Uganda wildlife safari, chimpanzee trekking & culture tour Uganda
- 14 days Uganda wildlife safari, gorilla safaris Uganda, chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda tour