Safari Overview of the 1 Day Lake Mburo National Park Safari Wildlife Tour Uganda
The 1 Day Lake Mburo Wildlife Safari, Lake Mburo Safari Tour Uganda, Lake Mburo National Park, 1 Day Lake Mburo Safari in Uganda, 1 Day Wildlife Tour Uganda Lake Mburo National Park, Short Uganda Safari is one of the shortest wildlife excursions travellers on Uganda safaris can full enjoy. Lake Mburo National Park is a compact gem, situated in the three district of Kiruhura, Isingiro and Mbarara district in western part of Uganda close to the highway that links Kampala main city to the various Parks of western Uganda. It is the smallest of Uganda’s savannah national parks and located just 240square kilometers from Uganda’s Capital city Kampala and 30 km by road east of Mbarara town. Lying in the one part of Uganda covered in extensive acacia woodland, Mburo has markedly different fauna to other parks and reserves. Lake Mburo is the best protected area in the Uganda where you can see the gigantic eland antelope, as well as zebra, waterbuck, Klipspringer and the rare topi, impala, and several acacia – associated birds. The five lakes within the park attract hippos, crocodiles and a variety of water birds, while fringing swamps hide secretive papyrus specialists such as the sitatunga antelope and red, black and yellow papyrus gonolek. Lake Mburo is the closest national park to Kampala and offers a refreshing stopover when travelling to or from the western parks and reserves.
Safari Description of the 1 Day Lake Mburo National Park Safari Wildlife Tour Uganda
In the morning after breakfast, you will meet our driver guide and depart from Kampala city heading to Lake Mburo in South western Uganda. After covering distance of 77 square kilometers, you will make stop over at Uganda Equator crossing Centre in Kayabwe, here you will enjoy marvelous water experiencement, visit the Africa art and craft shoes, do photo shooting, afterwards you will embark on your drive to Lake Mburo national park through the farmed hill sides and the wonderful rangelands of Ankole which can be viewed along the way.
You will arrive in Lake Mburo early afternoon and have your lunch in the park grounds as you marvel at the game and birds within the park. Take a game drive in the afternoon and look out for zebras, topis, buffalo, eland, impala, water hogs, waterbucks. You will also have an opportunity to take boat ride in the white calm waters of Lake Mburo where you will have chance to view the hippos, crocodiles, as well as water birds in the banks of the lake.
Afterwards, you will bid farewell to the park’s friendly staff and depart for Kampala. You will drive through a magnificent hilly country and lush cultivation on an approximately four-hour journey. Arrive in Kampala late evening and you will be driven by the driver guide to your respective Kampala hotel or lodge for dinner and overnight hence the end of one day lake Mburo safari.
End of the 1 Day Lake Mburo National Park Safari Wildlife Tour Uganda
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)