2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour – Overview
The 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour. Rwanda Gorilla Safari Volcanoes National Park. The 2 days Gorilla safari in Rwanda is a short Rwanda Gorilla trip in Volcanoes National Park offering time bad travelers a change to visit Rwanda & trek Gorillas.
This Rwanda Gorilla tour begins and ends in Kigali Rwanda offering chances of viewing countryside landscapes that have earned Rwanda – the nickname of the land of a thousand hills and the critically endangered Rwanda mountain gorillas 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour whose only 880 populations are known to be thriving in the world with 480 in the Virunga massif where Volcanoes is located and the rest in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the neighboring Uganda.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour – Highlights
Day 1: Visit the Gisozi genocide memorial and transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
Day 2: Do gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park and drive back to Kigali
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Visit The Gisozi Genocide Memorial And Transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
After a relaxed breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali, you embark on the tour to the Kigali genocide museum where the counts of the remains of the Rwandese that lost their lives in the bloody genocide are gathered to commemorate the horrific event that befell this country arising out of an ethnic conflict.
The museum details the cause and effect of this genocide. You retreat from the Museum tour and embark on the transfer to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 2 – 3 hours drive enjoying the beautiful hills of Rwanda and the local farms before arriving in Ruhengeri in the evening for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Accommodation during the the 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour
Up market / Luxury:
Mount Gorilla View Lodge / Virunga Lodge / Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Midrange / Standard:
Hotel Lapalme / Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
Budget / Basic:
Day 2 : Do Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park And Drive Back to Kigali
Gather at Kinigi ranger post to catch up with briefing commencing at 8am. The early arrival allows you to catch up with a warm cup of coffee as you watch the traditional Kinyarwanda performance going on.
Attend to the briefing by the Park rangers in your respective gorilla families allocated to you after which you embark on the hike in the jungle in search of the endangered apes.
The walk in the Volcanic dense jungle is accompanied by beautiful sights of lovely flora, unique scenery including the eight Virunga mountain chain and the lakes below, the forest fauna including duikers, birds before approaching the critically endangered mountain gorillas that have thrived in the area for millions of years past.
Explore the gentle giants foraging on their precious shrubs and other edibles, socialize, the silverback demonstrating its might, the young ones play among other interesting aspects.
The entire trek takes 2 – 8 hours with direct viewing limited to one hour for purposes of conservation.
The opportunity is availed to you to take as many photos as possible commemorating your lifetime gorilla safari experience. You retreat from the activity and transfer back to Kigali.
End of The 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour
Please note that Upon your request, we can change(customize) the tour destinations, hotels and number of days to suit your desire .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)