3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour
3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour – Overview
The 3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour offers you a probable encounter of the Big 5 that is Elephants, Lions, Buffalo, Rhino and leopard.
The Murchison’s rolling Savannah combretum gives you a perfect environment to view a variety of African game including Jackson’s hartebeest, Kobs, Giraffe and oribis.
The Nile launch cruise and the hike to the top of the falls offer an ideal encounters on the world’s longest River Nile. The Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest offers you a taste of the primate species.
3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour – Highlights
Day 1: Travel by road to Murchison Falls National Park
Day 2: Game drive & boat cruise
Day 3: Do chimpanzee trekking & return to Kampala
3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Travel by Road to Murchison Falls National Park.
Transfer after breakfast to Murchison Falls National Park in the north west of Uganda. You will pass through the flat Savannah landscapes of Nakasongora before branching off a little at Nakitoma 115km from Kampala for 7 km drive to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to track white rhinos that only thrive at this place in the whole of Uganda.
Continue to Masindi for lunch after which you will proceed to Murchison Falls National Park to hike the top of the falls.
The hike to the top of the falls exposes you to the roaring sounds of the Nile River as it squeezes itself through an 8m gorge to fall 43m below the Devils Cauldron forming a plume of spray marked with a trade mark rainbow. Check in at your lodge for overnight.
Drive Distance: 311km Drive time: 5 hours.
Paraa Safari Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Murchison River lodge (Midrange/standard) or Bwana Tembo (Budget/Basic).
Day 2: Game Drive & Boat Cruise
Wake up early enough for a cup of coffee before arriving at Paraa to catch up with the ferry crossing at 7:00am to the northern bank of the Nile.
Upon crossing, you will drive through the amazing rolling Savannah combretum dotted with enormous numbers of wildlife including; Elephants, Buffaloes, giraffes, Jackson hartebeest, Uganda Kobs, bush bucks, waterbucks, lions and if lucky elusive leopard.
The 3 – 4 hour game drive is a rewarding encounter of typical African game. Return to the lodge for relaxation till lunch after which you will gather at Paraa for Nile Launch cruise starting at 2pm.
The 3 hour boat cruise exposes you magical offerings of the Nile including the rare shoe bill stork, Nile crocodiles, Hippos, and wild game drinking on the river side.
The launch trip stretches to the bottom of the falls. Return to the lodge for overnight.
You will have dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Day 3 : Do Chimpanzee Trekking & Return to Kampala.
Wake up very early to transfer to Budongo forest to catch up with chimpanzee trekking at 08:00am. You will traverse the jungle of Budongo full of unique tree species some of which are the oldest in East Africa, birds can also be seen during the trek.
The chimp trek takes 2 – 5 hours and one full hour is availed to you to maximize your experience with them as they munch fruits, play around, make pant – hooting calls and swing through the tree branches. After the activity, embark on the transfer back to Kampala.
End of The 3 Days Murchison Falls National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)