3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour
3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife tour – Overview
The 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife tour is one of the best short Uganda safaris that you can ever opt to undertake.
It includes the rewarding game viewing like lions, buffaloes, elephants, water bucks, leopard, warthogs and jackals; recreational launch cruise on the 45m long Kazinga channel full of birds, Nile crocodiles and Hippos; Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura, scenic crater drive and the equator crossing experiences.
3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour – Highlights
Day 1: Travel by Road to Queen Elizabeth National Park & do crater drive
Day 2: Do game drive & Kazinga Channel launch cruise
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking & transfer to Kampala
3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Travel by Road to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Do Crater Drive
After breakfast, embark on the drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park. You will drive out of Kampala towards the south west after which you will make a stop at the equator crossing Kayabwe 77km from Kampala for photo shooting and water experiments featuring the geographical separation between the north and southern hemispheres.
Continue on the journey through the farmed hill sides and the range lands of Ankole before making an early lunch stop at Igongo cultural center 12km to Mbarara town.
After lunch, continue on the drive to Queen Elizabeth and do crater area drive upon arrival to enjoy the rewarding scenic views of the crater area.
Drive distance: 417km Drive time: 7 hours.
Accommodation: Mweya Safari Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Enganzi lodge (Midrange/standard) or Mama Land Pumba safari lodge (Budget/Basic).
Day 2: Do Game Drive & Kazinga Channel Launch Cruise
Wake up for an early morning 3 – 4 hour game drive though the Kasenyi tracks where you will have chances of viewing a range of wildlife.
Some of these include; lions, elephants, Buffaloes, Antelopes, jackals, among others. You will marvel at them as they gather what to put in their stomachs and others taking a rest.
The Savannah landscape in which they thrive is an attraction in its self. Return to the lodge for relaxation till lunch time after which you will gather at Mweya for a launch cruise on Kazinga channel at 3:00pm.
The 2 hour launch cruise takes you through the offers of the 45m long Kazinga channel including impressive views of the Nile crocodiles, Hippos, abundant bird life and a range of wild game quenching their thirst along the channel waters. Return to the lodge for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: You will have dinner and overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking & Transfer to Kampala.
Transfer early in the morning to catch up with Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura gorge at 08:00am. You will attend a short briefing by the park rangers after which you will head to the gorge in search of these chimps.
The experience is very interesting as it involves sloping down the steep terrain of the gorge and again trekking back to the top.
The forest jungle which thrives below the sea level with a river flow on the gorge bed makes the activity to go beyond mere chimpanzees.
Upon encountering chimpanzees, you will marvel at them as the swing through the tree branches, gather fruit and socialize not forgetting their pant – hoot calls which will leave you in a state of amazement.
Retreat from 2 – 5 hour activity to embark on the drive back to Kampala. You will arrive late in the evening.
End of The 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari Uganda Wildlife Tour
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)